NEXT SALE DATE: Sunday, May 3, 2020
All members of the community (Parent Talk members and non-members) may participate.
General Sale: 8:30am – 11:30am
Clearance Bag Sale: 12:00pm – 12:45pm
Location: Newman Elementary School
1155 Central Avenue, Needham, MA 02492
Getting to Know the Sale
Since its inception in 1993, the Parent Talk Sale has grown into a large scale consignment sale, drawing shoppers from the Boston and Metrowest Area. Run exclusively by more than 100 volunteers, the Sale features bargain-priced, high-quality, new or gently used items for children from birth to ten including books, toys, clothes, furniture and seasonally appropriate clothes.
Proceeds from the Sale benefit Parent Talk’s community work and events. All unsold items are donated directly to local charities to help fulfill their missions. Previous charities have included Cradles to Crayons, Baby Bundles, Circle of Hope and Department of Children and Family Services.
The 2019 Spring Sale is sponsored by Needham Bank, the Charles River School, Dedham Country Day and Webster Bank. If you have any questions regarding the sale, please do not hesitate to contact the Sale Co-Chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Both PODs are now CLOSED. Please bring any remaining donations to Newman Elementary School on Friday, October 4th after 7pm or Saturday, October 5th between 10am – 2pm.
Note: Due to current safety standards, regrettably, we cannot accept stuffed animals, cribs, breast pumps, car seats more than five years old or any recalled item. We will not accept maternity clothes for this sale. Please check the Consumer Product Safety Commission website for a complete list of recalled items.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Thank you to everyone who completed our consignor survey! We have used the input from this survey to inform some changes to our upcoming Fall Parent Talk Sale, which will be held on Sunday, October 6th at Newman Elementary School in Needham. Please refer to our seller’s guidelines for more information about consigning your items.
The MyCM site is up and running, and we would encourage you all to register at the following link https://www.myconsignmentmanager.com/parenttalk/ and get started! To any of you who have been hesitant to try a new system – 76% of our consignors had an overwhelmingly positive experience with MyCM for our Spring Sale!
To highlight some key changes:
- Consignor volunteer hours have been reduced to 2 hours.
- Consignor splits have been simplified – consignors who volunteer 2 hrs receive a 50/50 split, and consignors who don’t have the time to volunteer receive a 40/60 split.
- Consignor check-in shifts have been front-loaded to the morning of Saturday, October 5th – we encourage folks to check in and get their items on the floor early!
- Inventory entry into MyCM will be locked at 10pm on Friday, October 4th, to allow us enough time to get our computers up and running in time for our volunteer pre-sale on October 5th.
- While we still encourage the use of cardstock for printing tags within MyCM, regular paper should be sufficient.
- All consignors, including those who are not volunteering at the sale, are invited to shop our special pre-sale hour on Saturday, October 5th, from 8-9pm. If you are volunteering, you are also welcome to shop any time during the day on Saturday as well.
The Sales’ successes are largely due to the time and enthusiasm of an amazing core of volunteers. Work a two-hour shift before and/or during Sale weekend and you get preferred shopping hours the day before the sale. Previous volunteers will receive an email with the link for signing up. New volunteers should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please join us to take advantage of good deals, while you support several local organizations. All unsold items are donated to local charitable organizations that rely on these goods to serve families in need. If you would like Parent Talk to consider your 501c(3) organization, please email email@example.com.