The Parent Talk Matters blog is a place where you can read family-friendly local news and advice, updates from the team of volunteers that help run Parent Talk activities and engage in respectful dialogue with other members of the Parent Talk community.
The aim with this blog is to help provide content that is relevant and helpful to our members and create conversation about pertinent and entertaining news to parents of young children. Please keep in mind that the members of Parent Talk are a diverse group, so please be considerate in your comments and contributions. We will not encourage discussions relating to religion or religious events and will not promote politics or political candidates.
- The Parent Talk Matters blog aims to be a place for honest, friendly and courteous conversation. Please try to be respectful of the opinions of all posters on this blog and use netiquette in all your responses: No swearing, personal attacks, or rudeness. Hostility toward other members is not permitted. Parent Talk members are asked to respect differences of opinions. Diplomacy is always a good policy– the Parent Talk team will be reading!
- The Parent Talk Matters blog is about Parent Talk and for our community. Please keep all comments related to the subject matter of the post as off-topic or spam entries will be immediately deleted. If you have a question or concern not relating to the topic of the post that you need to communicate to Parent Talk please submit it via the contact page.
- The Parent Talk Matters blog is a publicly viewed discussion form. Information that you do not want visible to a public visitor should not be posted. We recommend that you do not include personal details, such as your address or telephone number in comments on the blog. When it comes to photos taken at Parent Talk events and shared on the Blog by our volunteers, we will not include the last name of any children, but photos of adults could include mention of both first and last name. If you share a photo on the blog, we request that you refrain from including childrens’ last names or family details. If you would like to comment on a post, you may use your name, Google profile name or Anonymous. We view comments as an opportunity to share tips, strategies and more as it relates to young children.
- We ask for your email address when you post a comment. This will not be published but will be used to verify your comment and possibly to contact you in relation to your comment. We will not use it for any other purposes without your permission.
- We will read all comments and respond as promptly as we can. We may not be able to respond to all comments or questions. Sometimes it may not be possible for us to publish or respond to a comment immediately (after all we are run entirely by volunteer moms and dads!) but we’ll do our best. If you need to contact us the best way is via the contact details here.
- We will strive to post interesting and entertaining content. We think the best way to show that we appreciate you spending your valuable and few-and-far between quiet time reading the Parent Talk Matters Blog is by making sure you enjoy that time with us here.
- We will do our best to get involved with the wider parenting blogosphere. We understand that blogging is a dialogue in itself and is also a part of the wider dialogue happening everywhere. We’ll do our best to get involved in conversations outside of the Parent Talk Matters blog and we hope to link to and comment on the blogs of our regular followers and contributors.