I have already started preparing in two ways:
- When I am playing on the floor with my kids and they aren’t looking, I grab an opaque bag, like a plastic grocery bag, and rummage through toy baskets, tossing in items that are no longer relevant to them (or me!) We have had holidays and birthdays that have dumped many a plastic play-set and random figurine into the mix, and you know how the saying goes, less is more. Remember that if you would prefer to see some return for the items you give to the sale, you can request a consigner’s kit.
- I am making a mental list (which needs to materialize soon) of what I think my kids ‘need’ to further their play at this stage of the game. My husband looked at me last week and said, “You know how some people are crazy cat ladies? Well you’re a crazy toy lady.” He’s right, I love toys and spend a lot of time organizing them and trying to find new ways for my kids to play with them. But, even I have to admit that before I can bring more toys in, I need to clear some out.
This is what I love about the Parent Talk Sale: it comes at the perfect times of year when wardrobes and toys need an overhaul and it is one stop shopping to accomplish ‘out with the old and in with the ‘new.’
Here are some items for Spring that most of us will need and will likely find amid the myriad of items donated and consigned to the sale:
- rain coats and rain boots
- spring and summer clothing
- outdoor ride on toys
- games and puzzles your child has not seen
- toys to save for a rainy day
- books to freshen up your bedtime routine
The Spring 2015 Parent Talk Sale is scheduled for Saturday, May 2
|Plenty of room for your donations!|
- The POD has landed, so donations are being accepted! Email email@example.com for the drop off location and any further information.
- If you are interested in shopping before the general public (and finding all the best deals!) schedule a 2 hour volunteer shift (anytime between Thursday, April 30 – Saturday, May 2). To register for a volunteer shift, click here.
- For those interested in consigning, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to activate or renew your seller’s number and ask for a current seller’s kit (includes blank tags.)
If you have any other questions or need further encouragement to get involved, please email Seema and Diane at email@example.com or visit www.parenttalk.info.