Family Volunteer Project: Project Night-Night Bag Stuffing
Parent Talk’s 10th annual Project Night Night drive brings members of both Parent Talk and the Needham community together to stuff hundreds of “night night” bags for children and teens in area shelters. Join us in this important community service project to welcome in Spring! Parent Talk invites you to fill bags at home with your playgroups, sports teams, Girl Scout troops, or as a family event.
This is a wonderful way to introduce your children to helping others, as well as to provide a child in need with a few security objects that may make their stay in a shelter a little easier. There are four easy steps to participate:
- RSVP NO LATER THAN Friday, April 7th here. Each bag costs $3.50; checks can be made out to Parent Talk, Inc. and delivered when you pick up your empty bags.
- Stuff your bags for the gender and age (0-12 years) of your choosing. Each completed bag should contain these three items:
- A new or gently used book
- A new or gently used stuffed animal
- A NEW blanket (with tags, please)
- Pick up your empty bag(s) from the location you checked off on the RSVP form. You and your child may decorate them, stuff them, and prepare them to be sent to a local child in need.
- Drop off your filled bags by Monday, April 17th so that they can be delivered to area shelters.
Project Night Night Bag Decorating and Playtime: Please join us on Saturday, April 8th, from 10-11:30am. We’ll provide all the supplies you need to decorate your bags, plus your child(ren) can enjoy the playspace when they are done decorating their bags. Just bring your PNN bag(s) or $3.50 for each bag you are picking up at the event, as well as your items to fill them with.
If you have any questions or would like to volunteer to deliver filled bags to shelters the week of April 17th, please email Nar and Julie at email@example.com.
For reminders via Facebook, visit our “Project Night Night Bag Stuffing Event”.
Visit www.projectnightnight.org for more information about Project Night-Night.