As we prepare to start our 21st Parent Talk year, we wanted to take a moment to recap what a wonderful year Parent Talk has had!
- We welcomed our new Executive Director, Mary Celeste Brown in January. MC has been a wonderful addition to our organization and we feel lucky to have her!
- We assembled over 200 night-night bags for local homeless children.
- We hosted our highly successful 7th annual Preschool Fair
- We had two record breaking sales and donated truckloads of clothing, toys and gear to local charities.
- We launched a brand new blog which allows us to provide real-time, relevant content to our members. We’ve received overwhelmingly positive feedback on the blog so far and encourage you to let us know if you’d like to contribute!
- We had an overwhelmingly successful lecture series which included five talks on topics ranging from sibling rivalry to re-entering the workforce after a career break.
- We hosted a Halloween parade and cookie decorating party at Avery Crossing
- We welcomed thousands of visitors to the Playspace
- We made many new friends along the way.
Your Parent Talk membership offers so many valuable resources, but we couldn’t do it all without our dedicated volunteers. We especially want to thank our outgoing Board of Director chairs: Ginger Bunn, Sarah Dussault, Lauren Kowaleski, Nicole Maffeo, Cathy Memory, Ryan McDonnell, Sari Musmon, and Lollie Weeks.
While we are sad to see our outgoing board members leave us, we are excited to welcome new faces and start a new year. Joining Katie Alwart, Ann Lyons, Betsy Jensen Miller, Mary Beth Remorenko, and Myrna Zakarian, are Tricia Burch, Melissa Crowe, Nicola DiMauro, Nar Dong, Julia Sappenfield, and Wendy Todd. We’ll both be staying on for another year as co-president.
If you are interested in getting involved and helping us to make our 21st year our strongest yet, please let us know. We have open positions, both big and small that will suit a variety of interests and skills. Email us at email@example.com and we’ll find the right position for you.